BlueFlyVario Android App
Find this app on the Play Store. It was the original BlueFlyVario app and many pilots still use it to adjust hardware settings.
Other Flight Apps for Android
Try out these other apps:
- XCSoar – The fully featured flight computer for Android.
- Variometer-Sky Land Tracker
Utility Apps for Android
Apps for Kobo
- Flyskyhy – The fully featured flight computer for iOS
BFV Desktop Application
The BFVDesktop application can be used to set hardware settings for both the BlueFlyVario (bluetooth vesion) and the BlueFlyVario_TTL. To make it work:
- Download and unzip the application BFVDesktop0.52.zip (updated Oct 2016).
- Install Java for your platform.
- Make sure the BlueFlyVario can be connected to a virtual serial port. You will either need to pair with your PC using an installed Bluetooth adapter or if you are using the TTL version with a USB to serial converter.
- Double click on BFVDesktop.jar in the unziped application folder (or windows users can use Run.bat).
If all is well then you will get the screen as shown below. Connect using the appropriate virtual serial port and alter the settings as described in the Hardware Settings Manual.