BFV Desktop Application
The BFVDesktop application can be used to set hardware settings for all models of BlueFly (Bluetooth, USB, Bluetooth_USB, TTL_GPS). To make it work:
- Download and unzip the application BFVDesktop0.6.zip (updated Jun 2019).
- Install Java for your platform.
- Make sure the BlueFlyVario can be connected to a virtual serial port.
- For Bluetooth connections you will either need to pair with your PC using an installed Bluetooth adapter, and then work out what the serial port number is.
- For USB connections (USB and Bluetooth_USB models) you should be able to connect to your pc and a serial port will be installed. The Bluefly uses a FTDI chip and on most version of windows it will install automatically. Look at the installed serial port in Device Manager to determine what the serial port number is.
- For connecting to a TTL_GPS model you will need a USB to serial converter.
- Double click on BFVDesktop.jar in the unziped application folder (or windows users can use Run.bat).
If all is well then you will get the screen as shown below. Connect using the appropriate virtual serial port and alter the settings as described in the Hardware Settings Manual.
BlueFlyVario Android App
Find this app on the Play Store. It was the original BlueFlyVario app and many pilots still use it to adjust hardware settings. However, please note that it has not been updated for some years. You can find the source on GitHub here: https://github.com/alistairdickie/BlueFlyVario_Android
Other Flight Apps for Android
Try out these other apps:
- XCSoar – The fully featured flight computer for Android.
- Variometer-Sky Land Tracker
Utility Apps for Android
Apps for Kobo
- Flyskyhy – The fully featured flight computer for iOS